Originally Posted by duckster
So, was on a camping trip this weekend with a group of guys. One of the guys whom I had never met was talking about his time in the military as we were doing some target shooting. Said he was with military intelligence but had done 17 HALO jumps, 3 of which were combat. Was wounded in a ambush while serving in Bosnia, where there were 15 casualties in his "team". Each story seemed to get a bit more out of the realm of possibilities. Said he served from 1992-1996

Do guys in military intelligence typically go on HALO drops and combat to snatch the commander of a Serbian POW camp? I was thinking BS but did not want to call this guys out since I had just met him this weekend.

I can verify with others (like my MFF-I buddies) but as far as I know, there were no combat HALO drops during the 92-96 timeframe, much less three of them

Poser

Picture a combination right wing, libertarian, unabomber, nationalist who believes in reverent science and who, to his core, remembers the words he swore to defend the constitution from all enemies, foreign and domestic.....so help me God