Originally Posted by J_D_Patrick
Originally Posted by duckster
So, was on a camping trip this weekend with a group of guys. One of the guys whom I had never met was talking about his time in the military as we were doing some target shooting. Said he was with military intelligence but had done 17 HALO jumps, 3 of which were combat. Was wounded in a ambush while serving in Bosnia, where there were 15 casualties in his "team". Each story seemed to get a bit more out of the realm of possibilities. Said he served from 1992-1996

Do guys in military intelligence typically go on HALO drops and combat to snatch the commander of a Serbian POW camp? I was thinking BS but did not want to call this guys out since I had just met him this weekend.

I can verify with others (like my MFF-I buddies) but as far as I know, there were no combat HALO drops during the 92-96 timeframe, much less three of them

Poser

And it's more common for MI guys to wear air assault badge than jump wings, but I know some who have both.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell