I just picked up a pair of Savage Axis II's in .223 & .270. I happened to be perusing Cabela's website online and saw they have a wood stocked Axis model now.

So then it also happened that they had them on sale from $479, reduced to $299.

The hardwood stock is a Boyds Classic apparently, the recoil pad is marked Boyds. There is quite a difference in the wood stocked version compared to the Tupperware version, it feels like an altogether different gun.

The gun comes with a Weaver Kaspa 3X9 scope with ballistic plex recticle, supposedly already bore sighted, but I'll check it.

So the gun with Weaver Kaspa scope, Boyds stock and accu-trigger was on sale for $299, then a $50 rebate from Savage, 10 dollar off coupons compliments of Cabelas made them $239 out the door from the Delaware store since there is no sales tax and no NICS fee.

Certainly not the greatest guns in the world, but pretty hard to beat for the price, and the wood stock makes quite a difference in the feel of the gun, I must say.

[Linked Image]

Garry
Trump won !!!
Trying to live like a free man in the Communist Republic of New Jersey.
Love your country, distrust your government.
Democrats and the people who vote for them, enemies of America and a free American people