When I was a teen, a girl asked me to a party. I said no, and one of her friends asked me why I told her that. I told her friend that I thought the girl was ugly and I didn't date ugly girls. That girl ended up inheriting over a million dollars later on, but her looks never changed. I feel the same way about Savage rifles. I know they supposedly shoot good, but I think they're ugly, and I've never owned one, nor had any desire to.

Years ago, I used to do a little gunsmithing for some of the locals. Mainly minor repair and scope mounting and sighting in. I had several guys bring me their Savage 110's that they'd bought at Walmart with the scope mounted and boresighted, and wanted me to see why the rifle didn't hit the target. I always told them that boresighted only meant that it might shoot close, and was never an indication that it was ready to take hunting. Those rifles were generally accurate enough for deer hunting, without a doubt, but those were the roughest actions I'd ever seen. I'm sure a lot's changed since then, but I'm still not a Savage fan.