Originally Posted by Ziggy

We know the barrels are made in house but the actions are not. So why would ER SHAW just slap one of there barrels on somebody else's receiver without truing it first? I'm certain this question has come up more than once. ER SHAW has been in business for a long time. They would b the one to ask first before spewing out such statements before knowing. I'm assuming they do but it's a question I will be asking them soon.

I don't know if I was spewing, I was asking if you knew something about the Mark VII rifle. I can save you some trouble, I found an email chain I had with someone named Chris that works/worked for ER Shaw back in 2008. I'd forgot I had even inquired about them until this morning when i found a quote for a build from Shaw in one of my old files on my computer. It was for a .338-06 stainless synthetic rifle, obviously I never bought it.

The ER Shaw contours have a shoulder on them and they fit up to and headspace at the recoil lug, the nut does not fit nor is it needed. the recoil lug we use have both surfaces trued and are a .250 lug instead of the factory .188 lug. We also true the receiver face, bolt face and lap the bolt lugs for engagement. All of the parts that make up the receiver are polished and hand fit. The threading, chambering, and crowning of the barrel are also all done by hand. The synthetic stock is a contract stock that we use, I assume it is made by Butler Creek, or six Enterprises, or one of the other injection mold companies, nothing fancy, press checkered, std 1" soft recoil pad and we bed the recoil lug area of the stock, further bedding would have to be done by the end user.

I can tell you this is probably the reason I didn't buy one. I had been burned once before by a promise of a custom rifle by paying up front, and the idea of paying upfront a second time didn't appeal to me.

The turnaround time to manufacture and assemble a Mark VII rifle is in the 10 to 12 month area right now. Since these are a hand assembled rifle the Mark VII's are billed up front before the order is submitted for manufacturing.

I've paid for a Savage action to be blueprinted on a 1:7 twist .243 I built for launching 105-115 grain bullets. It also had a 1 lb Sharpshooter competition trigger, Sharpshooter bolt handle, Sharpshooter .25 precision ground recoil lug, HS Precision stock bedded by Kevin Weaver, 20 MOA EGW base, Viper 6.5-20X50, sitting in lapped Warne Maxima rings it weighed over 11 lbs and it was consistently a .5 MOA gun at 300 yards for five or more rounds. However, I had a factory Stevens 200 .243 Win with only a tuned trigger that shot .75 MOA at 300 yards with 95 grain NBT and 100 grain Sierra PH bullets with a 3-9X40 Vari-X II scope for five rounds. I decided after that there was no reason to blueprint another Savage action.