I own 3 Savage rifles. Two 116 SF WW and one 10ML-II SST/LAM all are impressively accurate by ANY factory rifle standard and the only bad thing I will say of them is they are heavy. My 116's are especially guilty as both are of the blind magazine type and both weigh more than my M700 with DBM in 338wm.

My only complaint with present day Savage rifles and the company in general is due to their ever rising popularity, they are getting IMHO expensive. There was no more compelling selling point to a Savage rifle than they produced a very accurate OOTB rifle for a very reasonable price. They still are producing very accurate rifles, just now, again this is IMHO not as affordable as they once were and quite honestly they are in danger of pricing their product into a class of rifle that will shoot likely as well but be a more attractive rifle. Such as the Tikka t3 Lite. If my choice is a Savage or a for $100 more a T3 Lite, I'm going with the Tikka.

If weight is not an issue in some but not all of their models, you will more than likely be very happy with a Savage rifle.

Last edited by DTJager; 12/23/17.