I have a Stevens 200 in 22-250 and an Axis II in 223. I put Boyds stocks and metal trigger guards on both of them. Right off the shelf they both shot 1/2" with hand loads with minimal load development (like find a load with Varget, H322 or H335 in the Lee manual, take it to the range and shoot ragged holes). The action on my stevens 200 is nice, the Axis leaves a little to be desired but quite honestly I don't care because of how well it shoots all different kinds of loads. There is a little bit of me that is regretting buying my Weatherby Vanguard S2 in 25-06 and not the hardwood axis but I was hung up on a 24" barrel.

I am always confused about all the Savage hate, every one I have seen has been incredibly accurate and not picky. In the future I would only buy an Axis with the new hardwood stock, that makes them like different rifle. I should state that mine are predator calling rifles so I do not require much in the looks dept. I hated the flimsy stock on the axis and got tired of the camo one that came on my Stevens 200. They both function 100%, shoot 1/2 MOA and now feel solid with the Boyds stocks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by bmoney; 12/21/17.