I did some hitching back in the late 60's, when I was first in college. It was over 200 miles from the college to my folks home and sometimes I'd come back for the weekend, but then I had to get back. Nothing to exciting and most folks weren't going all the way and there were some desolate places along the way. Years ago I was driving through the mountains on the way back to my place and picked up a guy hitching on a night with some really bad weather. He had no place to stay so I let him throw his sleeping bag down on the floor at my place, wasn't sure how smart that was, but I was reminded about the scripture about "some folks have entertained angels" not sure he was one, but nothing came of it. In the morning he went on his way.

Back around 1980 I had worked a long day and was having to drive to a church camp to speak to some young people. I was tired and had a long way to drive. I dozed off and when I woke up had moved to the shoulder and was aimed at a hitchhiker, who was running for his life. I jerked the wheel and missed him but was too embarrassed to even stop since I hadn't hit him. But that adrenalin surge kept me awake for a long time. I don't know who was the most concerned over that. Probably him, but I couldn't imagine if I had hit him.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain