Originally Posted by rockinbbar
Not in a few decades.

Hitchhikers would do well to remember the Texas Slave Ranch case where hitchhikers were picked up, put into slavery and tortured and killed.

That ranch was directly upstream from a State fish hatchery and the state bought it after all this went down. I was working for a Professor at A&M and was sent there to do a bird/habitat inventory. As I recall they would find their victims at a nearby rest area on I 10 and make them chop cedar. When I went there you could see the metal shed with the tape crosses on the window that served as the "church" and on the shore of the nearby water tank there was still bars of soap and wash rags where they made them bathe.

Piles of cut cedar all over and creepiest of all, a couple of grave-size sunken rectangles in the dirt out on the property. I'm pretty sure the Cops would have located and removed any actual bodies by that time though.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744