NOT ONE of the women said he had sex with them. They said he tried, but they refused, and he took them home. It is not illegal for a 16 year old in Alabama to date anyone older. The 14 year old in question today said she has had 3 divorces, and needs MONEY. Hmmm.

My grandfather got out of WWI and married my grandmother. He was 32, she was 19. My father got out of WWII after being in the army for 5-6 years and married my mother who was 12 years younger. My uncle was 26 when he got out of college after working his way through, sometimes part time, and his wife was 16 at the time.

Moore was a West Point graduate, then spent about 4-5 years active duty army during Vietnam. He went to law school. In Alabama at the time most girls married around 19 after high school. He had few choices, unless they were divorced and probably had children already. So he dated young. This in not unusual. Men who served in WWII many times married much younger girls, because older women were already married, were old maids, and/or had children. Many men don't want to raise another mans children.

Some 14 year olds dress and act like they are 20, and can fool guys.