The answers to the questions asked by the respondents will determine the advice you receive. If you are a reloader, the world is your oyster. If not you'll be slightly more limited in what you'll want to chose. The fur or no fur is a big one as well. While you may make some non damaging shots on fur with a 243 and some of the lighter bullets, the likelihood is that you'll make as many fur damaging shots as not. If you're not worried about fur, then any combination will work and the 243s, 257s, 6.5s and 7mms in any of their iterations will work well. So will your 308 and 30-06. In fact the heavier hunting bullets in any of those offerings will generally do less fur damage than the lighter, more explosive rounds, and generally provide better ballistics at longer ranges. The very light bullets, even at very high velocity fall off fast and lack the BC to hold up for long range sniping.

Some thoughts to consider when deliberating a coyote calling rifle. Most called in coyotes are shot at under 200 yards, rather than over. Sometimes at bad breath distance. You'll likely have a variable scope so set it on the lowest setting before you start calling. It will be much easier to find a coyote at 21 feet on 6x than it will on 24x. You almost always have time to turn the power up. You never have time to turn it down. In fact you don't need a mega variable on a calling rifle. One of mine, a Savage 24V 222 over 20 gauge wears a 2.5x Weaver. I haven't wanted for more scope on it.

Since you already have two deer ready chamberings, consider a calling specific rifle, of small caliber. It would be hard to go wrong with a 221, 222, 223, 222 Rem Mag, 204, 17 Rem or 17 Fireball. All will cover 99% of all calling needs and are generally far more fur friendly than any of the bigger calibers.

If fur hunting is not a priority, then anything you chose will work. If I was wanting a combo rifle to slay coyotes, with no regard to the fur and wanted it to do double duty on deer, I'd look long and hard at a 25-06.

Last edited by mart; 11/15/17.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.