I remember "breathing" the engine to get the wipers to work when pulling a hill. It supposedly also pulled a little oil past the rings to cool things down, then you had a puff out the exhaust. As far as inner tubes, what are they? Going to the nickel movies Saturday with the gang next door, in a 36 woodie. Points, condenser, and plugs. That choke knob, and the high compression engines 4.5 to 1. Then they came up with the auto choke and really did have high compression 10 or 11 to 1.

That TV didn't come on air until something like 7, and you had to tune the test pattern trying to get the lines straight and the circles round. I think TV was better then, even if we did have only 2 or 3 channels.

Mom used to borrow 5 bucks from me to buy a weeks groceries a few times, always paid it back. Both us here remember the party lines, wringer washers. Actually my wife didn't have an "automatic" until she married me, along with a dryer. In those days she could walk downtown Denver at night safely.

Some things I miss, but I sure wouldn't wish anyone the lack of the medicine treatment we have now. I do miss a "real" doctor, who did everything.

I like to look at the props in movies, seeing how many things I know of and used.