I hang all deer head down, gut them at the barn, or nearby tree. I use a 18vt dewalt cordless sawzall for all bone cuts, and the golf ball method with a boat winch for hide removal. (Boat winch cable is routed through a snatch block and earth anchor). Wheel barrow beneath the deer for guts. Gambrels I make myself from aluminum or steel tubing and 1/8" cable that cinches at the deer's knees. You can not drop the meat, even if the tendons are cut. So far, I've made and shipped off more than a dozen to friends who want one. We have room to hang at least 5 deer at a time, each on block and tackle. Butchering kit, hangs on the wall, and I have.a string of 150wt bulbs on a construction lighting string wrapping the cutting area with 1500wts of light.
Personally, I do not gut on the ground, or in the field. I'll keep all chance of dirt away from the meat, and I just don't like gutting on the ground. A rubber surgical glove over the action of the sawzall, keeps the saw parts clean. I take the blade trhrough one of the fingers and tape at the cut, and the wrist, and no gore in my saw.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~