Not done it myself but a buddy does it and I do not care for the taste of the meat. Maybe I had a bad batch, dunno, tried it once and never saw any reason to sample it again.

Never saw any reason to do it as I have never had what I would consider a bad taste from any of my deer or quite a few I ate growing up that dad or my uncles killed. Unless somebody forgot to cut the glands from meat before grinding it or packaging meat with the glands still in it.

Like you, if others want to do it they can have at it, no judging from me but I see nothing "I" can personally gain from it.

Maybe we are lucky. The place I hunt close to home allows me to have 30-45 minutes max from the time a deer is shot, gutted, loaded in truck, driven to the house and skinned/hung. If weather is right that deer is chilling pretty dang fast.

End result is still the same, as long as we eat what we kill and enjoy it all is well.

My way is the right way to me and your way is the right way to you, or so that's what my wife says. I still think I am right!!

Last edited by 10gaugemag; 01/20/18.

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!