I've had more trouble getting my guns out of Australia than in. Given enough time and some gentle prodding and reminding they eventually get around to printing your permits. On arrival they will photo-copy everything in sight and send a very friendly 1/2 hour doing god knows what. There was some outfitter information on the NT permit application, but I don't remember any of that on the SA form.

Oddly; on the way out its like they've never seen a rifle or a piece of paper before. If I do an export permit in one province, they'll want it done again on exit from a different one. Wait until the departure location and they will ask why I didn't do it in the province I was hunting in. Air-port customs/ security will send you to the customs house, the customs house will direct you to the airport. Wherever you are, the "only person who know" won't be there, but always seems to be available by phone. Funny thing is there isn't anything on the export application other than identity, address, serial numbers, flight info and value. Same form everywhere near as I can tell. Why the export permit isn't issued with import permit is beyond me.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.