Originally Posted by dan_oz
Originally Posted by pete53
here`s what most American`s feel including myself, we pay by our taxes to protect the world with our military and those young soldiers are our kids,most countries in the world want everything free from us Americans, our hard earned tax money. so we protect ,send money and feed most of the world and many of these countries hate Amercans and turn around and shoot us in the back and they still want our help. what has your country done for America ? I bet if you look at dollars and cents your country owes America a lot of money just like every other country. as our new President Trump has said its time to pay up, and us the quiet majority of America who voted this great man in as president we want our funds " money" back . don`t forget this about world war 2 may have been lost and because Pearl Harbor was bombed the sleepin Big Dog was awoke`n and the rest was history truthfully America won that war. General Patton was also right and our other Generals should have let Patton continue thru Russia and cleaned that Ruskie problem up too. yes you have a great country ,hope you stay safe while hunting and good luck.Pete53

Apparently neither history nor current affairs are strong suits of yours.

What has Australia done for America? Well, just for starters, when your country was attacked by Japan we were the first country to declare war on Japan to support you. Yes, that is right, we supported you when you were attacked, not the other way around. One hour after Japanese bombers started attacking Pearl Harbor our Prime Minister declared "from one hour ago, Australia has been at war with the Japanese Empire"

We have also supported you in the various wars you have got yourselves involved in since then, sending our young men and women to put their lives on the line in wars in Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria and several others. We also have nearly 200 of our firefighters risking their lives fighting massive fires in California right now, far from the first time we've lent a hand in such activity. Australia also invests heavily in the US - the fifth largest investor in your economy, putting in over $600 billion.

We contribute our share to defence, and always have. This includes operating joint defence bases, satellite ground stations and other facilities, training bases and joint training exercises, and when the US has called on us to assist in its defence we have always answered the call.

You may like to think that the US won WWII, but that war had been going for over two years already before the US got involved. America stood by as Europe was invaded, and as Britain and others who might have thought themselves allies of the US were under massive attack, only getting involved when war was declared on it. Other countries committed more men as a percentage of population, and lost more men as a percentage of population too - including Australia, and the war would not have been won without all of those contributions and sacrifices. Your breathtaking ignorance is an insult to the memory of all who fought against the Axis powers, including that of your own countrymen.

Dan, I have to agree with you, and it pains me...The US Army sent special troops to Papua New Guinea to by trained in the art of jungle fighting by those who were considered the best in the world in jungle combat.

Although New Guinea isn’t Australia, it is believed that many of the instructors at this training camp were Australians. These American trained up troops returned from New Guinea and entered the war in the pacific theatre becoming known as the “Alamo Scouts”...

America’s first specialized force tasked with chasing the Japanese all over the Philippine Islands under General Walter Krueger.
My father was a Alamo Scout and said they were some of the best fighting men he’d ever seen...Australians are far from gun shy pussies when it comes to war, and have always supportted the US military by sending talented men of war to fight...I’ve never head a complaint about an Aussies being a poorly trained bullet catching soldier. I give much respect to those who fought and fought well and continue to do so whenever they are called upon by her allies.

What pains me most is how did a Koala Bear Faced pansies ass lover like JS ever survive in your country amongst brave men? One could, I guess, objectively assume, someone had to cook, clean and sew patches on the men’s uniforms. Possibly making JS an ASS-ET to some men...😎😳

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”