Originally Posted by pete53
......well I can walk in any firearm store and buy a firearm and walk out with it in less than a half hour with ammo take it home and where I live lawfully shoot that firearm all day any day sunrise to sunset so in your country can you ?
Of course I can except it only takes the time it takes to show my firearms license and hand the money over. I can use any firearm from sunrise until the next sunrise too. I also can own and buy any amount of sound moderators/suppressors/silencers without any questions asked or any paperwork and always have been able to. Can you?

Originally Posted by pete53
plus I can give that legal firearm as a gift to my son or daughter lawfully with no government paper work also . can you ?
..Yes, I can give away my entire gun collection lawfully to anyone who has a current relevant firearms license. Such a license is available to any citizen who undergoes a police background check, referee check and security check (all done at the same time of application and valid for 10 years unless revoked for serious crimes or firearm offences). The police cannot refuse a firearms license to any member of the public without a lawful reason to do so. I can own any amount of handguns, rifles, shotguns or military style semi auto's too. I should know as I work for the police in the department dealing with firearms. Handguns and some military semi's require an endorsement to the standard firearms license.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal