They are not quite as robust as the 7mm/120 but will do anything within reason that you need it to as long as you don't push it beyond its design parameters.. I've killed a few rather large hogs with them, including hard impact with heavy bone, and never had reason to complain about a lack of penetration. I have more that I need to retrieve from photobucket some day, but here is a recent picture of a 120 6.5 recovered from a boar I took at app. 170 yards.

Launched at 2601 fps MV from a 24" Contender barrel in 6.5x30-30 AI, the bullet took the boar through the third-to-last rib, devastating one side of the liver, heavily damaging both lungs (right lung moreso than the left) and then plowing through the opposite-side shoulder. The bullet came to rest in the meaty front portion of the shoulder and about 1/2" from contact with the shield.

When extracting it, I noticed a portion of the core was loose, but -- all things considered -- I'd call this perfect terminal performance as the damage was impressive, and the hog went less than 30 yards before piling up. I cleaned off the bullet a bit more after taking the photo, and the two pieces weighed 76 grains.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]