If you need more penetration than that, the 130 grain Accubond performs extremely well. Here's a recent experience with it that I posted on a different board.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This old boar had been coming in late at night and had been ultra-skittish. I've caught glimpses of him a couple of times, but he always skirted the brush where he blended in and didn't afford a shot opportunity. But last night, under a clear sky and with the moon and stars there to betray his presence, he made a mistake.

As he stepped away from cover and into a wide clearing, his form materialized on the recently-shredded grass that was already scorched by a lack of rain and the Texas sun. I wasted no time and put the dot of the L3 reticle where it would do the most good and sent a 130 grain Accubond from the 6.5x30-30 AI downrange. The impact of the bullet, which leaves the muzzle at app. 2525 fps, was loud in the night air, and as I recovered from the modest recoil, I could see he was down on the spot.

The Accubond entered the very front edge of the quartering target's shoulder and heavily damaged the lungs and a portion of the liver. It also unzipped the very edge of the stomach before skidding along and breaking the 4th and 5th-to-last ribs. It was recovered under the hide.

This boar was on the decline, and -- as such -- you can really see the outline of his shield under the sagging hide. It measured over 1.25" thick across the center of the shoulder.