rug3 I will assure you that you are not the only odd man out here as I guess I'm the same as my prerequisites in my deer hunting bullets are the exact same as yours. I also hunt some thick/nasty undercut briar infested junk that is 2-3 hops from the shot usually. I too much prefer 2 holes in my deer with a good energy dump in between them. now I've only shot (1) small buck at 120 yards with the 120 grain bt and it did exit with a decent blood trail. I hit him a touch high and back still hitting lungs due to my rifle sighted 2" high at 100yds. I guess I'm just trying to prepare for that oops where I hit a shoulder as I still want penetration and an exit. so in conclusion in my very limited use of the 120 grain 6.5mm bt it did well on my 1 small deer but not so well on my penetration test where the 125 partition and the 130 grain accubond excelled. I sooooooooooooooo wanted the 120 bt to hold together in my tests so I did it x 2 and wasted 4 more precious water filled milk jugs only for both instances to be the exact some outcome.
good luck,
Big Ed

"Only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col. Townsend Whelen