Originally Posted by rickt300
I have just taken possession of 4 boxes of 120 gr. Ballistic Tips to run in a 6.5 Grendel. At 2500 fps I expect good expansion and penetration from them along with fine accuracy. For years I avoided using Ballistic Tips because of the bad press they got early on but when that turned around I found them great bullets. A favorite is the 150 gr. .284 diameter Ballistic Tip. This bullet will do a heck of a lot of work out of a medium 7MM rifle.

I agree with JG about velocity. C&C bullets generally have a designed velocity window. If one keeps that in mind, optimal terminal performance will be the reward.

Monos are said to have no velocity ceiling. I've had issues with that. IME, very low S.D. mono's at hyper-velocity can result in less than optimal terminal performance on WT's. My one time experience with the 80 TTSX out of my .240 at 3,600 fps caused a huge superficial blast effect, then penciled thru the chest for a slow kill. Too much energy expanded too quick. With higher S.D. bullets, not as big an issue. Seems S.D. below .2 can be a red flag if pushed super fast. That's just my observation, would appreciate input on that.

DF