Originally Posted by whitearrow
thanks fellas but a little reasoning on why I chose water filled milk jugs as my test medium. my thoughts but in my head I figured the lungs to be air filled with blood surrounding them in the chest cavity. blood/liquid should be close to same consistency as water and the plastic shell of the mile jugs served as "skin". now if I had a scapula to put between #1 and #2 just to simulate a shoulder penetration that would be sublime but alas I don't. in my thoughts a projectile going north of 2,900 fps and hitting water is like hitting rock until the jug explodes then the penetration test starts. hence my "worse case scenario" test. besides milk jugs are cheap when you have 2 boys age 14 and 7,gallon will last 2 days, so they jugs are available and re-purposed which I love to do. kinda feel like I'm saving money or something.
thanks guys for the reassurance but man its fun to see bullet performance true or not,
Big Ed

Better than nothing, I guess, but hide (especially elk) is some tenacious stuff. Plus, I seem to centerpunch a rib, unless of course I hit the scapula first.

I’ll bet it’s a blast to watch the jugs explode.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001