Beat?
Depends on what the word "beats" means to you.

A 408 Cheytac, 416 Barrett or a 50 BMG do it easily --------if you are talking about raw power, and so do some of the wildcats and ultra mags in the .375 bore size.

However I don't see how any of these "beat" a 30-06 or a 270 for killing elk. I have killed a lot of them and I have seen probably 3X more killed then I have killed myself. A good hit with the right bullet from a 270, 30-06 or any of the 300 mags drops them just fine, and dead is dead.

Dropping them in under 2 seconds (sometimes instantly) is pretty hard to "beat". I have done that with a LOT of different calibers and yet not "beat" many others I have seen used well by other hunters. As long as I did a good job with the tool I was using my elk all fell quickly and some instantly. This includes my 62 cal flintlock, a 454 Casull revolver, 44 magnum handgun, 3 different 270s, a few 30-06s, a 308 Winchester, a 338 mag, a 375H&H, and a few different 300 mags--------- just to name a few.
None of the elk I have killed in the last 45 years went more then a few yards if I used a good bullet, and about 1/3 of the have dropped at the shot. Of the rifles I have killed them with the 270s were on the bottom of the list in power, yet nearly ALL of my 270 elk kills have been instant, or down within 1-2 steps. The rifles the seem the fastest to drop them for me have been the 270 Winchester, the 375H&H and the 30-06 when firing 220 grain bullets

As soon as you have to start holding up for bullet drop, how much you hold is not important. You still have to HOLD for the drop. If you can hold still at those ranges, holding a few inches higher or lower means nothing. If you can't hold still, how flat your round shoots and hoiw little it drifts in the wind when you miss is unimportant.

I doubt anything out there "beats" your rifle in any meaningful way, -------- just as I can say that your rifles really doesn't "beat" most others ---- in any meaningful way.

Your bullet is excellent however, and I have NO DOUBT about that.

Now if we talk about marksmanship and hunting skills, we have something of substance we can talk about.

But ballistic numbers are not all that important for elk hunting.

Last edited by szihn; 08/12/18.