MadMooner,

IF it was me, I would "prowl the back aisles" of your local gun-shows & look for ANY decently "sporterized" Mauser in most any caliber that has a .473 diameter case head.
Around The Alamo City shows, over the last year, I've seen at least a dozen such "sporterized" Mausers that would be fine to re-bore/re-chamber to 9.3x62mm & that were priced at 150.oo or less.

At the last SA gun-show, I saw a pair of "really well done" sporters for sale (with European-style scopes) for 200.oo & 250.oo each. = HANDSOME is the only appropriate word for those rifles.

Also, I would suggest sending the rifle to Jessie at JES for "reformatting", as his prices are very reasonable, "turnaround time" is QUICK & his workmanship is definitely FIRST CLASS.

IF you are a handloader, 9.3x62mm cases are EASY to modify from .30-06.
(A local Garand match shooter gives me more "once fired" government M2 Ball cases than any one person would ever use. = My last "haul" was over 500 pieces, that cost me the gas to go pick the cases up from his home. - The cases will be fire-formed & loaded with 285 grain GCCB for hunting in the USA.)
Note: I only buy "factory" ammo for DANGEROUS GAME, as a 285 grain GCCB at 1800-2000 FPS will slay ANY creature that you may hunt in the Western Hemisphere, other than possibly a GRIZZLY.

just my OPINIONS, tex

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836