Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
I'd look for a Husqvarna 640, Simpson's imports them in into the U.S. from Sweden in CONEX size lots. www.simpsonltd.com Call them, ask for Floyd, and tell him what you're looking for and what you want to do with it.

I put together a matched pair of Interarms Mark X mannlichers in 7x57 and 9.3x62, using a Lothar Walther barrel for the 9.3x62. If I wasn't going to do a mannlicher, I probably would have gone with a Husqvarna 1600 series action instead of the Interarms Mark X.

EDIT: The large ring Husqvarna 640 actions are commercial style actions, no thumb slot in the left receiver rail or or stripper clip slot in the rear action bridge, that were made by FN for Husqvarna in the late 1940's thru early 1950's.

I cheated a bit. Took a Simpson import Husqvarna 146 mfg in 1938. Excellent bore. 9.3 x 57. ( NOT a model 46!). 146’s used std commercial Belgian FN 98 action. Bought a 9.3 x 62 chamber reamer. Then one slow day at the shop and the Rest is history. A very accomplished smith here on the fire that I highly respect stated that he did this same process on several x57’s. But on a couple he had to do additional feed rail mods. I suppose I got lucky. No rail mods on mine. Function flawless.
[Linked Image]

Nice pic!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain