Crazy?
No.

Misguided? Maybe.

I see this all the time.

"Load or Rifle X is 2X more accurate then Load or Rifle Y."

Such lack of logic seems to be common today, as a result of becoming misguided about what matters and what doesn't.

I'd ask------- If you are shooting from your belly over a pack on uneven ground that is not flat (a) can you tell the difference in accuracy?

And then (B) why would it matter ----when your target's kill zone is as large as a breadbox?

If your 7 mag or 30-06 are, lets say, 10X more accurate then you need, how is having one 20X more accurate then you need going to help you?

If you can hit the vital zone of the elk with a rifles you are more familiar with at 2X or 3X farther then you should be shooting anyway, going to a "more accurate" round that is less powerful and may not give the same degree of penetration is exactly backwards of what you should do.

I live in elk country. I hunt in some of the best elk country every single year ,and I have been hunting and guiding for elk hunts for most of my life and I am NOT a young man anymore. I have about 1/2 a century of experience in this.

This obsession with "accuracy" and the loss of sight of everything else that is far more important, is a national phenomenon that is 100% unjustified in elk hunting.

I have killed more of them than I can count and seen probably between 3X to 5X more then that killed by other hunters.

In my life, the longest shot I EVER made on an elk was about 400 yards. The next longest shot ever was about 300, and the next longest was about 175. ALL the others have been killed at 150 and less, with about 50% being killed at 50 yards and less. And that's not because I could have have shot farther, but the existence of a brain and some ability to hunt caused me, for 50 years, to always get closer. It's not hard to get under 500 yards from an elk and if you can't you (or your guide) are not doing it right.

But with all that said, it's in no way a condemnation of the 6.5 CM if you load a good bullet in it. I would feel fine hunting them with my 6.5X54 M/S which is less powerful then your CM.
But the bullet is important and that bullet should retain 70% or more of it's weight for elk hunting. Most of the super-accuracy bullets made today for the 6.5MM bore will not do that. Barnes, Nosler Partitions, Swift, and anything that is bonded are your friends when you hunt elk. (note, that is not just for the 6.5 either, but also for your 7MM and your 30 cal too)

But your 6.5CM is just fine. So are your other rifles. The 6.5CM is very close to the same ballistics of the 6.5 Swede, and that is a success story and history that is beyond question.

If you are going to invest in a dream hunt, and spend time and money to come west to do it, do not make a mistake of changing horses mid-stream. Go with the rifle you are most familiar with. To know what to do, go shoot 20 rounds from sitting, kneeling and standing with each rifle at a paper target of about 16" square. Do it all from 150 yards, but when you shoot do so in the order of 3 shots 6 times and 2 shots 1 time. (=20 rounds) And do so at a "go" signal with only 15 seconds per string. Any shots not fired in 15 seconds or less from the "Go" are counted as misses. Don't cheat. If you cheat you are only cheating yourself, and it will not help you to do that.

The rifle that you get the tightest group with, in the shortest time, is the one to bring. This test is to give you an HONEST overview of which rifle you will do the best with, not which one is "more accurate" It shows you which rifle YOU shoot best in REAL hunting times and positions.
It's YOU doing the shooting, not your gun!

Elk are big. You don't need and can't even use the difference between 1.5 MOA and .3 MOA.