Originally Posted by dogwater
I just shot an elk with the 6.5 creedmoore 1/12/19. I shot an antelope with it at the beginning of the season. I had a late season cow tag and wanted to try the 6.5 cm. The antelope was shot with the Hornady eldx and I thought it came apart to easy on the small animal. I used a Swift scirroco on the elk. It's dead but no reaction for quite a while 400 yard shot and no indication I hit it. Glad I was in the open instead of timber I will never use the 6.5 cm on elk again. Just my opinion. It kills them but not what I would consider a decent elk cartridge. I'm back to the 7 mag for elk killing. FYI the bullet entered just behind the shoulder and exited just in front of the off side diaphragm. Elk went about 50-75 yards but I thought I missed. No reaction. Glad I went to check for a blood trail. Very similar performance to a .223 on deer in my experience.

I have shot elk with 160 Partitions from a 7 mag, that had that same response. Sometimes it takes them a bit to figure out that they are dead, if you did not hit bone.

You did not "seen" anything, you "saw" it.
A "creek" has water in it, a "crick" is what you get in your neck.
Liberals with guns are nothing but hypocrites.