Originally Posted by Brad
Originally Posted by WAM
Brad, I'm not trying to be critical. It just looked like 2 wound areas on his side.

Good eye!

When he went down, in his death-throes, he somehow managed to impale himself... the higher blood spot near the spine is where his 6th point got caught in his hide. In all my years hunting I've never seen this... it was a real chore to get the antler unstuck.

Proof right there, the 7/08 has an added "Shrapnel effect" not seen in other rounds wink

Re: Marketing, actually the desire to see higher sales of ammo and components drove MARKETING to support R&D to build a better mousetrap than REM's 260 and 7/08, simply buy putting good stuff together, at attractive prices. 6.5CM factory ammo, runs circles around the other 2. Hornady schools Remington in..... Marketing.

The 2 most accurate rounds I have shot, are the 6mmBR and 6.5x47. The CM..... is close. Tailor a 260 or 7/08 with handloads, and for hunting purposes you are for most purposes...same same. As to the Killing part......as always, the driver determines success if using a good bullet.