Recap -
This is not an ISP or router issue, it only affects 1 device out of 8 we have at home.
It affects all 3 browsers on this laptop which leads me to believe it is a Windows 10 issue. It also doesn't seem to affect other Campfire users, so it's isolated to this laptop.
I suspected my McAffe virus program may be the cause so I deleted it (I'm not a fan of McAffe anyway). It made no difference. I'm now running Avast.
I turned off the Windows Defender firewall. It didn't make a difference.
Here is something I found out of frustration; if I quickly click on the reload icon of the error page about 10 times as fast as possible, the Fire will load after a short pause.
It seems like the something is delaying the security handshake between the browsers and the Fire causing a timeout.
I didn't do a system restore and do not intend to just to access this one site. Not worth the trouble.

persiandog - Tried your suggestions and it didn't make a difference. SSL 3.0 off or on = no difference; other settings as advised.

nighthawk - Campfire was not found on any blocked or restricted lists and wasn't added to any by me. I followed your suggestion on resetting defaults on Firefox. After doing so the first attempt to access the Fire worked; subsequent attempts failed with the same error codes as before.

OrangeOakie - Problem affects all 3 browsers, not just Edge, so it's not an Edge issue.

Thanks to all for your suggestions.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB