Originally Posted by gunner500
Don't know, I can saw the chest cavity open with a folding limb saw I keep in a cargo pocket on my hunting pants and have the guts out of a buck deer in two minutes, have also found out gutpiles DO NOT bother other deer, have seen it firsthand, BOOM, dump the guts and go.

I set up in a brush blind close to a water tank hunting cow elk. About mid-day about 12 elk cows come trotting in. One is nice yearling, so I drop her with a single shot to the base of the neck. The other cows milled around a little bit then wander over to the tree line and bed down, all less than 100 yds from where the dead elk lays and me sitting in the blind. My hunting buddy who was hunting just over a hill from me heard the shot and comes over to see if I shot anything. Once in sight of the blind he calls out and asked if I shot anything. Of course this spooks all the cows bedded down around me and there are elk going every which way which spooked my buddy and he doesn't get a decent shot. We gutted my elk and drag her to the road and got her out to camp. Next day, my buddy is back in my blind and just about mid-day the cows come back in and he shoots one. Gunshots, blood, guts, dead elk, didn't bother them at all.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost....