Gutting or not gutting , field dressing or not field dressing depends on your hunting situation, geography, timing, temps , method of removal from the woods and facility's. There is no one right way. Only the best way for the situation. This is not directed at anyone on this threadbut I I notice some on the Fire fail to see the sense in some things as they fail to take into consideration that hunters find themselves in many different situations.

I for one go one two very different hunts with in two weeks of each other. One hunt you can drive right up and snatch your deer with an atv and have it back to camp in 15 minutes the other is walk in on National forest and your draggin your deer by hand back to the truck over hill and dale where it lays
In a trailer for four days until its transported back to a cooler and a barn where its processed. Temps matter in both cases as to how a deer is handled after the shot.

We all seem to agree that the deer needs to be cooled down with in a reasonable time.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.