It seems to be a southern thing and because they have lots warmer weather than we do up here in the north, that seems counter intuitive to me why they wouldn't want to get the animal cooling faster?

That is not a bad thing, but it is not necessary to have good meat. There is a limit on how long that you can wait, but it is not as fast as most seem to think.
Any packing house will stun the animals and kill them hanging upside down by cutting the arteries in the neck.

I like to shoot them in the lungs, does the same thing.
Once the hide comes off those animals, they are gutted, washed, cut in half, shrouded and in the cooler all in a matter of minutes.

If I had a big room with a concrete floor and a walk in cooler, rails and hoists, that is how I would do it too.
I've chalked that up to the fact that an arrow kills more from blood loss than bullet shot deer.

Double lung shot will do the same thing.

I'm not willing to pull out extra dead weight for something that I'll just need to discard anyway..

I either pull my ATV trailer right up to the animal, or pull the animal out to where I have the cart, using the ATV.

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.