Originally Posted by MontanaMan
How hard are you going to use this gun, how many rounds per year will you fire & what are you going to use the gun for? All have a bearing on what type & what quality level trigger would be best, IMO.

Good questions. The answer has changed from the time I bought it to now. I didn't .. and don't .. plan to shoot it with anything like the volume of a competitive high power shooter. Initially I planned for mostly personal defense at a rural home on a fairly large piece of property. The AR has proven unreliable <for me> in critical ways. I don't have confidence in it. It works as designed, but counter to my conditioning, and I keep dropping the magazine when I intend to release the safety. With the more vertical rear grip, the mag release is where I'm used to finding the push button cross-trigger safety. S-H-I-T. frown

So now I'm trying to save it by making it a varmint gun. It has shown that it has the mechanical accuracy. It has also shown that it does not have the practical / field accuracy because of the trigger. It's simple .. I either get it down to a safe and functional pound and a half, preferably less, or I'll shoot the rest of the ammo on hand then clean it up and sell it.

At this point, I'm looking at replacements. Most likely will be a marlin lever action .357 or .44. Does the jobs as I need them done in my setting. Possibility of a Mini-14, not because of any advantage other than more familiar ergonomics. Dunno. Not happy.

Tom

Anyone who thinks there's two sides to everything hasn't met a M�bius strip.

Here be dragons ...