Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by T_O_M

I've got the answer to the Marlin trigger already on the shelf, a Wild West Lever Guns replacement. This one has been in a couple different guns but is homeless. It took my .45-70 guide gun down under a pound with no creep. I kept it when I sold the gun.

Just a guess here, but I'm betting either TOM doesn't actually have a trigger pull gauge, or it reads really light. That same faulty trigger gauge on some of the good AR triggers we use might read at 1 lb or less too...

Could be, but thats way to light for a lever gun or AR, as far as im concerned.

That's kinda my point - I suspect his lever gun trigger isn't actually that light either, he just thinks it is; the trigger weights he's talking about are pretty ridiculous for anything but a bench gun. It's probably not that much different than a good 3.5 lb single stage AR trigger, IMO.

Yep. I know what you were talking about and agree. There may be something wrong with his trigger pull gauge. You'd also think a guy would know the difference between 1 pound and 3.5 pounds too though, if that were the case. But, if he's had the same trigger pull gauge for a long time, then maybe just maybe he's got it in his mind that it's really 1 pound when it isn't.. Like I said though, if it is really 1 pound, that's far too light for any hunting rifle or AR in my book..

If you can't shoot a 3.5 pound trigger well because it's "too heavy", you don't have any business owning a gun.

As for mastering the controls on an AR, everyone of my kids can operate the safety on an AR without dropping the magazine, except the 5 year old, because I haven't started her on AR's yet. They are actually pretty intuitive. The only firearm I can think of that has the safety in a position analogous to the location of the AR's mag release is the FN Five-seveN. If TOM has ten thousand rounds through the 5-7, I could see how he's built up that muscle memory, other wise, I'm at a loss to see how that can't be over come with standard drills.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell