Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Yondering
Originally Posted by T_O_M

I've got the answer to the Marlin trigger already on the shelf, a Wild West Lever Guns replacement. This one has been in a couple different guns but is homeless. It took my .45-70 guide gun down under a pound with no creep. I kept it when I sold the gun.

Just a guess here, but I'm betting either TOM doesn't actually have a trigger pull gauge, or it reads really light. That same faulty trigger gauge on some of the good AR triggers we use might read at 1 lb or less too...

Could be, but thats way to light for a lever gun or AR, as far as im concerned.

That's kinda my point - I suspect his lever gun trigger isn't actually that light either, he just thinks it is; the trigger weights he's talking about are pretty ridiculous for anything but a bench gun. It's probably not that much different than a good 3.5 lb single stage AR trigger, IMO.

Yep. I know what you were talking about and agree. There may be something wrong with his trigger pull gauge. You'd also think a guy would know the difference between 1 pound and 3.5 pounds too though, if that were the case. But, if he's had the same trigger pull gauge for a long time, then maybe just maybe he's got it in his mind that it's really 1 pound when it isn't.. Like I said though, if it is really 1 pound, that's far too light for any hunting rifle or AR in my book..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA