Originally Posted by T_O_M
Who makes the best, light, single stage trigger for an AR-15?

I'm on my first excursion into ARs and I've learned I don't like 2 stage triggers nor heavy 4+ pound triggers. I'm looking for a single stage, pound and a half or less. 8 ounces would be approaching good. Is there anything out there?

Tom

I don't think you would like a trigger that light on an AR, I also think you would slap fire it and fire it when you aren't wanting to. The problem is you haven't shot a good 2 stage. The lightest I would recommend is the geissele high speed match rifle, its got a second stage break that can be less than 1# but unless you are using it for bench only shooting you are going to want that second stage at least 1#. The other one seldom mentioned is trigger tech. its the opposite it has a very light first stage and a heavier break. I would recommend that trigger for off hand shooting and field use.

the reason for the 2 stage trigger is you can have a lighter trigger that way functionally and still be safe. ALSO in pratical use the 2 stage is part of the secret sauce with an AR 15 and hitting with one. its because you just pull the slack up and hit that wall while settling the reticle and its almost like you just think it off and the trigger breaks without thinking about it. Trigger control in the field is the difference between a hit and a miss in the field. it doesn't matter how great your gun is. Don't control the trigger right and you will miss!!. a 2 stage trigger makes that much easier with an AR 15.