Originally Posted by MontanaMan
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
I picked up the Elftmann at a gunshow in one of their open display grips. I dropped it on the table from about 2 feet and it went off. I put it back on the table and walked away.

Not sure about the display's relationship to being in a rifle, so really can't comment other than to say, you do know that Elf's have a half-cock notch like a 1911 so it's very possible for the hammer to drop to the half cock notch & not drop all the way to fire?

I've knocked mine over from standing up a couple of times to test (simulate just getting knocked over) it & it's not dropped to the fire position.

MM

MM,

I did not know that. This one dropped all the way. Of course, this was a sample of one...

I think it may have had something to do with the angle at which it hit, I've dropped other Elf's flat on a flat surface and did not get the same result. The one mentioned above hit at an odd angle, and to be fair, you are right, it was not in an actual receiver.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 12/26/18.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell