I have to agree with you. I know a bunch of hunters that will not mess with any boars and especially the big ones. Some of them smell stronger than others but I clean all of them even the really big boars. If they have a bunch of fleas and/or ticks on them I either hit them with a pear burner or spray them down with a spray bottle of everclear grain alcohol and throw a match to them. You get a little bit of burnt hair smell but all the fleas and ticks are dead and gone. 9 times out of 10 the big boars are just as good as the smaller ones once you cook them. Every now and then you will get one that is pretty strong but those are few and far between. One thing that I think helps on the big boars is to throw the meat in an ice chest with ice and water and let it soak some and then drain off the water and leave them on ice. This seems to pull allot of the blood out of the meat and I think makes it eat a little better.

Anyway the way I look at it the bigger pigs have more meat and in most cases it is just as good to eat if you take care of them properly.