Originally Posted by mudhen
As far as I can remember, no one has made any comments or has taken issue with anything related to your military service or law enforcement career. If fact, I don't remember any of your posts that mentioned that you had ever been in law enforcement. And, anyway, neither your military service nor your career in law enforcement nor the opinions of your graduate committee are relevant to the topic of this thread.

With respect to my interest, you have made some statements about recent sightings of jaguars in the Lower Rio Grande Valley. These alleged sightings, if true, would potentially be something that would need to be considered by both state and federal natural resources agencies who are under a court order to draft a recovery plan for that species.

When I asked for your sources, you gave me an unnamed state police officer that you have known for a long time and an unnamed Texas Parks and Wildlife biologist who made some offhand comments at what I took to be a meeting of your "Master Naturalists." Rather than giving me any names and contact information for your sources, you suggested that I contact "headquarters" at Texas Parks and Wildlife. I did so first thing this morning. I emailed the biologist who maintains the state data base that deals with verified occurrences of rare, threatened and endangered species. I copied his response to my email and conveyed it to you in a PM to which you have not responded.

You also suggested that I contact a biologist in the Lower Rio Grande Valley. I emailed the TPWD technical service biologist in Hidalgo County (the county in which Mercedes is located) and I will share his response with you if and whenI get it.

The rest of this thread has turned into an ego trip for you, and you have obviously enjoyed it. However, you really need to relax. The cheese looks to be slipping off the cracker.

Exactly,

thanks Ben,

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?