Originally Posted by AB2506
Nothing like a former South African to spread the word about how bad their former nation is. That has been my observation, it's as if they are trying to justify why they left.

I took some continuing education classes at the local University. One of the instructors was South African. I was excited to talk to her on break because I was going on a trip to the RSA. Talk about negativity. She hated the RSA, didn't want to go visit her relatives. I pressed her as to why she was so negative, learned she had been robbed twice. Once on the beach at Durban, the other in Johannesburg. Understandable, both are areas with high populations - high crime.

One could say that the USA has a very high murder rate, yet most of the Campfire would say that they feel very secure where they live. Yet, stats can be deceptive. Most of the USA murders are within certain ethnic populations in certain parts of major cities. So it is in the RSA (your articles didn't care to mention who was killing who and where, except for the farm murders, but even them are usually linked to areas close to the big cities) and even Canada. I'm completely safe in my community, yet if I were to go to certain parts of my city in the middle of the night, it may not be safe. Some parts of Canada have higher murder rates than the USA.

Most of the people I talk to are in the Eastern Cape. They say it is business as usual. That is where I am heading.

I hope your relatives keep safe.

Awesome. Hope you have a great trip to the Eastern Cape! Sitting in Toronto at the moment for the last outdoor show of the year for us. Just spent a week in Banff. One of the most beautiful places I have ever visited.

Originally Posted by Tarbe
Originally Posted by Slider1
No it's Fake.

Pretty sure Marius was being sarcastic!

Exactly, Tim!

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Professional Hunter and Outfitter
South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia
http://www.huntsafaris.co.za
[email protected]