Cancelled a buffalo hunt in Zim a few years ago during one of Mugabe's "elections," because the PH was worried about getting in/out, plus supplies. As it turned out, nothing much happened over there, but the PH was not exactly terrified. Instead he was a realist, having been born and raised in what was then Rhodesia, and being a Selous Scout during the war. Not long afterward he also worked 18 months in the Mideast for the U.S. as an "advisor," mostly for the money to buy a brand-new Land Cruiser for his safari work.

About that time he moved to South Africa, where his family originally settled in the early 1800's, but still guided in Zim. Hunted with him in RSA a couple of times, once on a ranch for Cape kudu, where the owner and ranch foreman were murdered a year or so later by local natives. He gave up PH'ing in Zim after his Land Rover was stolen from inside the walled compound where he stayed in Harare, obviously an inside job. No long afterward he retired to England, where his wife (born in Malawi) also held citizenshop, and his son was working as a gunsmith for some top-notch companies.

Yes, I would go back to Africa again, but have seen some interesting stuff, though not quite like as Ingwe's bombing. It's not like going to Alaska, Canada, South America or Europe--though the last time I hunted in Europe (Finland) in 2015, the big terrorist attack occurred in France, where over 100 people were killed.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck