Originally Posted by ingwe
Originally Posted by EdM
I was hunting buffalo in Zimbabwe in 2017 just as the Mugabe "outster' was starting. A trip into Vic Falls for supplies found no butter, cooking oil, etc. No US dollars either. In the end, it was a great hunt. Forward to 2019 with a buffalo, roan, etc., hunt in Burkino Faso I booked in 2017. I received an email from my booking agent late 2018 that they were shutting down hunting due to Jihadist moving that way. I requested a refund of my deposit and a couple of months later received another email learning that the camp I was to stay in was burned and destroyed. Certainly there is geopolitical risk hunting hunting there.

I hear you Ed...I was in Namibia in 1987 when they were " struggling for independence..." and Mandelas ANC blew up my car and my motel....Fast forward to 2000 and I was in Zim when Mugabe sent his boy out with notice that they were seizing the land we were on....

Well, damn.

Maybe as a service you could let folks know ahead of time when you're going to be someplace---at least in Africa. That way they can plan not to be there.

Just yankin your chain!

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.