Originally Posted by IZH27
Originally Posted by Gus
now that the various Pagan god's have reached the pages of the august campfire site,

one might be amiss to not mention the name of the Mighty Wotan.

Christians, Pagans, and heathens, heard about them all.

not to raise the bristles on the back of the necks of certain groups,

but it's curious why tons of christian missionaries aren't flooding into africa, etc.

i know it might mean instant death, and of course instant delivery to heaven.

but they seem to be holding back? choosing safe churches to pastor, maybe?

maybe their intent is to allow the islamic variation of religion to run it's course, and expire?

meanwhile, they'll remain safely behind the lines, until the fire is extinguished?

i don't know. i'm just speculatin'

The last that I heard is that there is a return to the Gospel in Africa that is intrinsic and originating from native pastors. Not the word of faith malarkey that has been taken there. More of a Reformation view.

i too have heard that. and one, it gets the foreign missionaries off the hook, at least sort of.
but, then we have to question how effective is it? the islam peoples are expanding their geographic locations.

the weather changes, if any are having an effect. that is drought happens to the faithful & unfaithful alike?

i honestly don't even know what kind, type or sort of faith the chinese bring to the area, as they set up shop.

i suspect they'll have little willingness to deal with the islam people that want to cause trouble. they'll respond decisively.

maybe the age of christian evangelism has run it's course and is coming to a close?