Mule Deer,

QUESTION: Have you had problems with "disappearing posts"?? - I just posted a comment (that I'm repeating here) that is evidently GONE altogether, though I got a notice on-screen that said that the comment had been posted.

What I said in that post was: Check out the 9.3x62mm chapter in the book BIG BORE RIFLES. = When I locate my copy, I'll PM you the page number
I further suspect that there are other similar comments in books & magazine articles, as I remember a somewhat similar comment in (I think) an old issue of SHOOTING TIMES.. Also possibly in one of the GUN DIGEST books.

In any case, I ended my original comments with:: "in my OPINION, tex". = NUFF said.

ADDENDA: In the event that I'm planning to hunt an animal larger/tougher than WT deer/feral pigs, it's the reformatted, by JES, Remington Model 760 in 9.3x62mm that I automatically reach for, I load it with 286 grain JHP or my "homebrewed" GGCB at about 2000FPS. = Either load kills WELL & without excessive use of power, muzzle blast or "kicking my shoulder off". - It's one of my two favorite calibers for hunting.
(My "pet" rifle is a Model 760 in .300SAV from 1954.)

NOTE: As I'm in the process of "transitioning to" ALL pump long-guns, I have a "near new" Model 7400 , with Remington factory engraving that I'd sell CHEAP. - It's in .243WCF & wears a nice scope.
(I would also happily trade it for an "old school" Model 760 in .256 Roberts or .35REM.)

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 04/29/19. Reason: add

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836