I would also like to thank those who shared their experiences using the lighter bullets in this caliber. I love these older calibers and try to use the traditional bullets types that they made their reputations with. When it comes to the 9.3X62 though, I was given a bag of 232 gr bullets along with it and I'm just too cheap to not use them up. Fortunately, they shoot to about the same POI at 100 yards as the 270 and 286 bullets I've tried, so I can pretty much use them all interchangeably for hunting.

Tex, I am also starting the process of working a load for some 280 gr gas checked cast bullets. First outing was using 5744 and reduced H4895 loads. They were midrange loads, probably in the 1600 fps range, and were in 3-4 MOA. I would love to hear about the loads you have for this caliber. If you prefer not to share your loads out on the open net, feel free to pm me. If I can come up with something that shoots really well, the jacketed bullets may get awful lonely sitting on the shelf....