Mule Deer,

I just looked it up. - The actual name of the book is BIG BORE RIFLES & CARTRIDGES. - I don't see an authors name in the cover-photo on amazon.com

YEP, I've killed a GREAT MANY feral pigs over the years with a number of different weapons including a Model 1911A! in .45ACP.

I've similarly taken more than my fair share of WT deer.

SO FAR, my largest/toughest takes have been WILD/FERAL bulls in the far south TX brush & thickets. = SOME of those feral bulls weigh about 1500#. - IF you know a rancher, who has a "wild bull" problem (They tear down fences, very efficiently, breed expensive/registered cows & damage other ranch equipment/property, too.), that's EXCITING hunting for sure & DEFINITELY a job for a BIG BORE rifle.
(In 1984 I was asked by as local OK sheriff to hunt down & KILL a "gone wild & DANGEROUS as H", HUGE gray/black Brahma-cross bull. - After several days of hunting, I finally a got a shot at him with a borrowed .416 Rigby Magnum ======> He was converted into hamburger meat at our local Scout Camp & fed a great many Boy Scouts/adults that year.)

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 04/29/19. Reason: add/spelling

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836