I posted these elsewhere on the fire but this seems to be the thread it really belongs in.

Mauser 96 not a 98 (traded Hatari a bottle of bourbon for the action and bottom metal though so why split hairs) grin 6.5x55 Off to Mark Penrod. Ed LaPour 3 position safety, Hopewell 1-8" 3 groove barrel, NEGC iron sights, lots of metal smoothing and cleaning up by Mark, he couldn't really sweep the bolt much with the new safety but it's a little. Tally detachable rings. I don't really see using the iron sights much but a Mannlicher looks silly without the. Wenigs did the stock. Stock has a surprising amount of palm swell that I happen to like.

Took about 2 years all told but a really nice custom rifle for less than many factory semi-customs. I can't say enough good about Mark. Superb communication (all these pics are his) and great discussions about options and what the overall cost I was looking for in a hunting rifle for the rest of my life. There's a reason he's got a wait.

Delivered sub one inch groups with the 100 grain NP loads and 1 1/2" with the Norma Oryx loads I had on hand. Loaded some purpose built ones last weekend but I won't have a chance to get back out to the range for a bit.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

With the scope. A 4x32 IOR with the #4 German reticle.

[Linked Image]

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated