Originally Posted by Reloder28
Mauser 98 fan? Certainly not me. Much more stylish & equally capable stuff available today.

Originally Posted by Reloder28
I have a 1982 Model 70 FWT. It is a push feed. Its virtue, for me, is its classic style. Whatever it may lack in the eyes of truly discerning rifle lovers has no bearing on its capability to put 5 rounds into one ragged hole. No bearing on its "kill-ability". Being chambered in 308 in no way limits its range. Being fitted with a McMillan Edge increases its balance & portability.

It sits proudly on the front line of my safe in good company, Wby Mk V on the left & Sako 85 on the right. What's not to like?

You might want to do a bit more research. The push feed Model 70's ability to handle gas sure isn't something to like!

Do a search to see what Mule Deer, greydog and some others have said here about this particular action.

Better yet, read what Ludwig Olson said in his book Mauser Rifles, or Jerry Kuhnhausen in his book The Mauser Bolt Actions. Easy to find on Amazon.

The push feed Win Model 70 is WAY down on the list of modern actions regarding protecting your eyes and face.

But yes, your push feed Model 70 featherweight is stylish. I honestly do like the looks of them very much, but I'd rather have an action that better protects the shooter, like a real Mauser.

Not trying to pick a fight, but you are barking up the wrong tree with regards to the Win Mod 70 push feed and its capabilities.

Cheers,
John