Four M98s in the pile. A 1939 K98 that I made into a deer rifle years ago. Fajen semi-finished walnut stock,that had gathered dust for years, before I finally put it to use. Buehler, Timney and now a 20" original barrel, re-crowned. Light for a M98 and accurate. Most accurate load I've ever worked up for it over the years, are 125gr Hornady spire points, of all things. And they kill deer pretty damn well.

A VZ 24 in mostly original condition. Both it and the K98 are still in 8x57. Both were WWII bring backs. The VZ belonged to my dad, picked it up within several weeks of VE Day in northern Germany

Also have a small ring M98 Danzig 8x57, already sporterized, but needs work. Should've made that into a .257 years ago, when an old gunsmith amigo wanted to do it for me. He's gone now.

And a Columbian Army FN, that was originally in 30-06. Same 'smith put a medium heavy Douglass SS 25-06 barrel on that action for me, back in the early 80s. It's a jewel, but too hefty to tote around much. Fajen laminated varminter stock. That one's taken over a dozen deer, some out to 500 yards.

Beautiful rifles in this thread and I never tire of admiring M98 Mausers.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.