Originally Posted by nimrod1949
Originally Posted by Darryle
What does the barrel weigh by itself?

I have a 16" 308 rifle that bare weighs 7 1/2lbs, it's the lightest one I have. That is no mag or optics, these things get heavy quickly

I’ll have to weigh it when I get home at the end of this coming week. Thanks!

If shot some critters with my buddy’s 308 AR10 and it is almost at the limit of maximum weight for Idaho. I think it is ~14#. Yes Idaho has a maximum weight limit for hunting rifles. Supposedly they made the law to eliminate 50 cal long range guys.

It sounds like I need a “gen 2” and should plan to stick with one manufacturer for all my parts.

Nimrod, the gen II/DPMS pattern idea is a good one. That way you can use P-mags if you want. I've been eyeballing the Aero Precision M5E1 lowers. They offer everything I'd want in an AR10, except I don't think you can adapt a BADD lever to one yet. If you can, someone please correct me. That is one thing I really like about my Armalite, I have it set up exactly like my AR15's, so muscle memory doesn't have to change a bit. It uses all ambi controls (I shoot left handed), including a BADD lever.

[Linked Image]
Since I am new to AR's, I want all the controls to be the same so I don't feel like I'm fumbling around....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA